I thought this might turn out well. It exceeded expectations for such a simple dish. Next time; more basil. Basil and egg love each other.
1 serve of approx 620 kJ.
Ingredients. Per person:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp milk (or cream)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- A pinch of cayenne
- A small bunch of basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp butter (or more, if you fancy)
In a cheerful manner carry out the following allotted tasks:
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat
- Whisk the eggs, milk and turmeric
- Pour into pan and stir gently with a wooden spoon or spatula to move aside the cooked egg and allow the liquid egg to contact the hot pan.
- Before it is all cooked, turn off the heat, stir in the basil, and allow the last of the liquid mixture to cook.
- Season and serve cheerfully with crusty…
View original post 4 more words