Inspired by simple Italian cooking this can be translated into “Pollo e Oliva”. If you’re Italian you would, of course, serve this with pasta, but I opted for a wild rice blend.
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, bone-in
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 c onion, sliced thinly
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 c kalamata olives, pitted & chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken with salt & pepper.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron (or otherwise oven-safe) pot. Brown the chicken on both sides & set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic and thyme and sautee for 2-3 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add the olives and crushed tomatoes.
- Cover and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Servings: 6
- Calories per serving: 532
- Total Fat: 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
View original post 18 more words